As Manufacturing Industries become increasingly digital, their attack surface has grown or started expanding. Manufacturing environments are less and less isolated from outside networks and systems as a result of IIoT initiatives and IT/OT convergence, making many enterprises increasingly susceptible and vulnerable to attacks. As attack surfaces increase, the need to address cyberthreats will lead to the need for higher levels of adoption of emerging technologies, prompting the adoption of External Attack Surface Management (EASM) to help. Many organizations are unaware of the need to identify all their assets and allocate resources to this effort.
Manufacturing industries can improve their cybersecurity by using Impact Radar to monitor and analyze data. The figure below depicts the Emerging Technologies for enhancing security in manufacturing, categorized by their expected time to adoption:
Combining risk and vulnerability detection with prioritization can be highly beneficial for manufacturing industries utilizing External Attack Surface Management (EASM). With new technologies, FireCompass SaaS-based platform provides a comprehensive and continuous view of an organization’s attack surface by identifying all digital assets and unearthing unknown exposures, vulnerabilities, and misconfigurations.
FireCompass Named As A Sample Vendor In Gartner® Report, Impact Radar For Security In Manufacturing
External Attack Surface Management
Manufacturing industries can benefit from External Attack Surface Management (EASM) in the following ways:
- Improved cybersecurity posture: EASM helps manufacturers to identify vulnerabilities and prioritize remediation efforts, thereby improving their overall cybersecurity posture.
- Enhanced visibility: EASM provides real-time visibility into potential cyber threats and vulnerabilities across the attack surface, enabling manufacturers to stay on top of security risks.
- Efficient resource allocation: EASM helps manufacturers to allocate resources more efficiently by identifying critical assets and prioritizing remediation efforts.
- Regulatory compliance: EASM enables manufacturers to comply with industry standards and regulations,through continuous monitoring of compliance controls.
- Risk management: EASM helps manufacturers to manage cybersecurity risks associated with third-party vendors and suppliers by assessing the cybersecurity posture of third-party vendors and providing real-time alerts if any risks are identified.
How FireCompass External Attack Surface Management (EASM) Helps SRM Leaders?
FireCompass External Attack Surface Management (EASM) provides valuable risk context and actionable information to security risk managers & leaders. Such as:
- Provides real-time visibility into potential cyber threats and vulnerabilities across the attack surface
- Identifies and prioritizes remediation efforts through continuous monitoring of the manufacturing networks and applications
- Detects and analyzes anomalies in network traffic and system logs, alerting the security team to potential cyber threats
- Enables quick and effective response to security incidents, protecting against potential breaches
- Helps manufacturers comply with industry standards and regulations, such as ISO 27001, NIST, and GDPR, through continuous monitoring of compliance controls
- Identifies and remediates any compliance gaps to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements