Why is Attack Surface Management (ASM) Important?
Research indicates that 30% of organizational breaches occur due to the shadow IT assets or vulnerabilities in the cloud created without the knowledge of the IT security team. Some recent attacks include the like of the SolarWinds attacks in which malware was introduced through its supply chains, the Colonial Pipeline ransomware attack in which remote services such as remote desktop protocol (RDP) was used to gain access, the Capital One attack in which a vulnerable web application and a remote access server exposed on the internet was used to gain unauthorized access.
Failure to conduct an extensive attack surface analysis leaves low-hanging fruits easily exploited by cybercriminals without the knowledge of security experts. That is why it is crucial to conduct an attack surface mapping and an attack surface reduction and management in order to reduce unknown risks
Potential Risks Without Attack Surface Monitoring Tools:
- Rise in Shadow IT Assets and Risks
- Lack of visibility on unknown & orphaned Apps, Exposed databases, and APIs
- Lack of attack surface visibility on entry points for a hacker
In 2018, Gartner suggested security leaders to start reducing, monitoring, and managing their attack surface as part of their holistic cybersecurity risk program. Attack Surface Management needs to be a top priority for CIO, CISOs & security teams.
How FireCompass Helps
Runs Continuously . No Software. No Hardware. No Additional Resources
Discover Risky Assets
With FireCompass Attack Surface Management Platform:
- We help you discover the exposed infrastructure
- Create an inventory of the exposed Assets
- Identify vulnerable database servers and cloud buckets.
- Identify exposed domains and subdomains.
- Identify vulnerabilities in Applications
Reduce Your Digital Attack Surface
- Identifying malicious infrastructure.
- Determining the exposed APIs and RDP among other surfaces.
- Determining the exposed documents & files, IoT infrastructure.
Monitor Continuously- Get Real Time Alerts
FireCompass In Gartner® Innovation Insight
For Attack Surface Management
Benefits of Using FireCompass
Discover strategies to reduce your attack surface.
Find insights on the areas of your attack surface.
Get A Hacker's View Of Your Attack Surface
See your organization’s attack surface from a hacker’s viewpoint (Unsanctioned Cloud Assets, Digital Footprint, Phishing Risks, Misconfigured Infrastructure & more.)
- Single Platform for Attack Surface Management and Automated Penetration Testing & Red Team
- Daily Risk Port Scanning & Adversary Emulation through multiple Attack Playbooks
- Prioritized Risks with real-time alerts for faster detection and remediation
See your organization’s attack surface from a hacker’s viewpoint: Digital Attack Surface & Shadow IT, Exposed Database,Cloud buckets, Risky Ports, Misconfigured Infrastructure, Code Leads & more)