Can your security team confidently answer the following questions?
- Which vulnerabilities have the greatest chance of being exploited by an adversary?
- What are your action points to identify the unknown risks and vulnerabilities in our environment?
- Which infrastructure changes or digital transformation initiatives in the last 7 days have altered your threat landscape or security posture?
FireCompass Named A Sample Vendor In Gartner® Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2022
Automated Penetration Test And Red Teaming
Business Impacts of Automated Penetration Test & Red Teaming:
Although there are multiple benefits of Automated Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, here are the 2 vital business impacts:
- Frequent and consistent testing helps to find and mitigate weaknesses, gaps and operational deficiencies faster.
- Reduce external costs and avoid paying for expensive services.
What is driving Penetration Testing & Red Teaming Automation and why Gartner is talking about it:
- Organizations willing to validate their security posture cannot depend solely on annual penetration testing activities.
- Vendors like FireCompass are adding more automation in running attack scenarios and better control of the “stealthiness” and risks of individual assessment in their tools to aid security operations teams.
- Human-led red teaming programs are difficult to initiate because they require a specific set of expertise, processes and tools that can be expensive to develop. Adding automation to the red team tool mix can help initiate such a program.